Michael Dobkowski, MBA
CEO, Glacial Multimedia Inc.
I am Michael Dobkowski, an Internet marketing consultant and current CEO of Glacial Multimedia Inc. I am passionate about helping clients achieve their marketing goals, see the reality of what marketing can do and also help collaborate on business game planning. Early in the development of Glacial Multimedia I realized that what I truly love is “building ships” or in another words building businesses. Additionally, I aim to help people make logical decisions using data generated by analytics and tracking. By utilizing sound judgment backed up with data we can better achieve ROI goals.
With over 20 years of experience in medical marketing I have worked on corporate projects, practice projects, medical society projects, sales rep projects and more. I have a genuine interest in helping the people that I work with and will never take a project if I cannot make an impact.
As a course lecturer and marketing personality, I have lectured on a wide range of topics that surround technology and digital marketing. My course lectures involve over 100 appearances for organizations such as American Academy of Ophthalmology, COPE, ASOA, Caribbean Eye, Hawaiian Eye, ASCRS, Chase Health Financing, CareCredit, AECOS, MMGMA, New York State Ophthalmology Society, AMO U, Staar University, AECOS Deer Valley, LENSAR users meeting, Yankee Dental, MIMS, MN Eye Foundation & Maine Medical Association.
My earlier years involve graduating from the University of New Hampshire after attending both Cheverus High School and Windham High School in Maine. After college I moved to Chicago, Illinois to get a taste of big city life. I primarily worked at design or marketing jobs here until I found the field of Ophthalmology through a small consulting firm called QVS Technology Group, headed by Tim Murphy. This company trained me in the field of medical marketing and product management where I developed patient education CD-ROMs. Our projects included early innovation with Sunrise Technologies and the LTK procedure and an eventual go to market strategy following FDA approval. After the failures of the hyperopic laser realm it became apparent that I should try my own thing.
Towards the end of 2000 I started Glacial Multimedia Inc., in Chicago Illinois specifically designed to assist medical practices and companies with multimedia and marketing challenges. Glacial Multimedia generated a quality reputation in the field of ophthalmology and medical website development, but has since expanded into other areas. The advent of Portland Website Co. has marked the beginning of a new chapter where we can now use our expertise to help local businesses.
“Providing genuine and authentic marketing planning is a top priority for any project that I work on” – MD
I have been involved with various search engine research projects and conferences since the onset of search marketing including research for Smith Research and Yahoo Search Marketing, ASOA course lectures, and MIMS symposium course director. I have worked for many practices, various eye conferences, charity organizations and medical equipment companies. After 20 years in Internet marketing I helped launch 7 different internet brands focused on the field of ophthalmology.
Eye Doctor Review
My Eye Store
MIMS (Medical Internet Marketing Symposium)
Education BA: University of New Hampshire
MBA: New York Institute of Technology
- Worked on LTK (Laser Thermal Keratoplasty) product launch 1998-2001
- First ever lecture on SEO for ASCRS/ASOA, 2002, Philadelphia, PA.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Multimedia Project Manager
- Yahoo Paid Consultant, Smith Research Group, Chicago, IL.
- Article Eye World Magazine 2005 – Internet Marketing Interview
- 2018 Hawaiian Eye HIPAA compliancy and Ransomware course lecture.
- Search Engine Strategies Conference New York 2006/2007/2012
- Administrative Eye published article on web development and SEO
- Founded Improve Your Vision with Richard Lindstrom, MD
- Exhibitor at annual ophthalmology trade meeting AAO/ASCRS
- First Google Analytics benchmarking study for ophthalmology websites
- Minnesota Medical Management Service Group Keynote Speaker 2010
- Part of Original think tank for MyEyeStore (Online Optical E-Comm System)
- New England MMGMA speaker Boston 2011
- Co-Founder of MIMS (Medical Internet Marketing Symposium)
- Chief Marketing Officer of MyEyeStore.com, 2011
- Helen Keller International Blindness Prevention – Social Media Consultant
- Chase Health Financing Guest Booth Speaker – AAO 2011
- Project Vision Honduras Fund Raising Project
- NYSOS 2017 Keynote Speaker on Reputation Management
- ACOS first annual summer meeting – Park City, UT
- ASCRS – Eye Surgery Education Council Website Consulting and Development
- 12+ Year ASOA Course Lecturer at ASCRS
- 2013 Staar University Guest Speaker, Cleveland, OH.
- 2013 Optometric Professional Network Internet Marketing Consultant (Houston)
- 2014 COPE course Cybertools For Optometrists at Black Hills Eye Hospital
- 2014 AECOS meeting website project development in Aspen, CO.
- 2014 AMO University Guest Panelist at ASCRS
- 2015: Achieves both Google and Healthgrades Partner Status
- 2015 Care Credit ASCRS Booth Lecturer
- 2016 Glacial achieves Google Premier Partner Status
- 2016 J&J Vision Regional Meeting Lectures in Detroit and Philadelphia
- 2016 COPE lecture at the 9 in Cleveland with William Wiley, MD-ClearChoice Laser
- 2017 Organizer of Think with Google Event at ASCRS as a Premier Google Partner
- 2017 NYSOS speaker on HIPAA compliancy
- 2017 Imedicware EMR user group exhibition
- 2017 EverSeat Partner Status (Online Scheduling System)
- 2018 Selected for the Relevancy Panel at Hawaiian Eye Meeting
- 2018 Selected for the AAO / OIS Business Summit lecture series in Dallas
- 2018 Caribbean Eye Lecture on HIPAA compliancy
- 2019 KHISH medical mission in Honduras